This article is going to be a full Sendlane autoresponder walk through, from integrating to setting up your form with Sendlane in Convertri. To get started:
1. Go to the
Account Dashboard and select
Integrations from the left-hand menu. Scroll down until you see the Sendlane option and then click on it.
2. This will open and you’ll see three boxes you need to fill out. To find the information for these, log into your Sendlane account in a different web browser tab.
3. When you get to your Sendlane dashboard, which will look like the image below, click on the
Settings option, which looks like a cog. Within here, there will be a section called
4. In here you will find the
API key and the
Hash Key. Paste these into the integrations box back within your Convertri account. The final thing you need to enter is your
Site Address, which is labelled as your
Sendlane Subdomain within Sendlane itself. Once you have entered these three fields, click Save.
5. Once you’ve done this, there will be a green tick next to the Sendlane integration option, showing the integration was successful.
6. Go back to your tab where you logged into Sendlane and go back to the main account dashboard. To edit the different lists which you will be able to select as targets within Convertri, click on the
Audience button, which looks like the outline of three people, and select
Lists from the options here. You’ll get a page which looks like the one below:
7. Here you will able to see the
Lists in your account, these are different places where you can categorise your subscribers based on what they signed up for. You could have one list for those interested in dog products, and one list for those interested in cat products, for example. Here you can manage your lists and create new ones using the icon labelled
8. Once you have made the lists you need, go back to Convertri and open the Funnel and then Page where you wish to add in the form.
9. The minimum two elements you will need to create a form is an
Email Input Box and a
Submit Button. You can add these to the page by going to the Elements tray and clicking on Form Elements. In here is an Email box element and Submit button element you can add to the page.
10. Once you have these, select
Forms from the top menu bar. Next, select
Autoresponders and then
Sendlane. You will see the box below:
11. You can see the
Fields which you added in on your page, such as
First Name. At the top you have the option to select one of the
Lists which you set up earlier, to decide where these email addresses will be stored in Sendlane.
12. Here you need to map the Form Fields which you added on the page. This ensures that your autoresponder service understands the information which the user is giving it. This means using the dropdown next to the Form Fields to select the kind of information they are, such as the respondent's First Name. For more information on this, go here. When you are happy with this, click Next.
13. You will be taken to this box where you can decide if you want the user to be sent to a
Thank You page when they have filled in your form. If you don’t want this, toggle on the
‘Stay On Page’ option. If you do want this, enter the URL of a Thank You page you have made so they can be taken there.
Done and a red tick will appear near to the Forms icon, showing you that your form with Sendlane is
set up and ready to be published.