Full Mailchimp Walkthrough
This article is going to be a full Mailchimp autoresponder walk through, from integrating to setting up your form with Mailchimp in Convertri.
To get started:
1. Go the Account Dashboard and select Integrations from the left-hand menu. Scroll down until you see the Mailchimp option and then click on it.
2. This will open the Mailchimp integration dialogue. Click the blue ‘ Connect Account’ button, which will take you to a Mailchimp log-in page. Use your account log-in credentials and once prompted, accept connecting your Convertri and Mailchimp accounts
3. Once you’ve done this, there will be a green tick next to the Mailchimp integration option, showing the integration was successful.
4. Go back to a separate tab and log-into Mailchimp. To edit the different audiences which you will be able to select as targets within Convertri, select Audiences from the left-hand toolbar.
5. This will take you to your Audience Dashboard. You will see a header which says Current Audience. Under this there will be a dropdown menu where you can select your different audiences. If you want to edit these or create new ones, scroll to the bottom of the dropdown and click View Audiences. You will see this screen:
6. Here you will able to see the audiences in your account, these are different places where you can categories your subscribers based on what they signed up for. You could have one audience for those interested in dog products, and one audience for those interested in cat products, for example. Here you can manage your audiences and create new ones using the icon labelled ‘ Create Audience’.
7. Once you have made the Audience you need, go back to Convertri and open the Funnel and then Page where you wish to add in the form.
8. The minimum two elements you will need to create a form is an Email Input Box and a Submit Button. You can add these to the page by going to the Elements tray and clicking on Form Elements. In here is an Email element and Submit element you can add to the page
9. Once you have these, select Forms from the top menu bar. Next, select Autoresponders and then Mailchimp. You will see the box below:
10. You can see the Fields which you added in on your page, such as Email and First Name. At the top you have the option to select one of the Lists, which is of the Audiences you set up earlier, to decide where these email addresses will be stored in Mailchimp.
11. Here you need to map the Form Fields which you added on the page. This ensures that your autoresponder service understands the information which the user is giving it. This means using the dropdown next to the Form Fields to select the kind of information they are, such as the respondent's First Name. For more information on this, go here. When you are happy with this, click Next.
12. You will be taken to this box where you can decide if you want the user to be sent to a Thank You page when they have filled in your form. If you don’t want this, toggle on the ‘Stay On Page’ option. If you do want this, enter the URL of a Thank You page you have made so they can be taken there.
13. Click Done and a red tick will appear near to the Forms icon, showing you that your form with Mailchimp is set up and ready to be published.