How to Use Shared Headers and Footers
Shared headers and footers let you create a template that you can apply to many pages at once. By only editing one header and footer for each funnel, you can keep things consistent and save lots of time without having to duplicate elements across many different pages. Shared headers and footers are perfect for things like countdowns, discount alerts, menus and more.
- Navigate to the Funnels screen of the funnel where you want to add a shared header and footer.
- Click Header and Footer in the left hand menu.
The Header and Footer screen is where you can see which pages have the header or footer enabled, which need republishing, and what your header and footer look like at a glance.
To add a master header or footer:
- Hover over its preview image, and click Edit.
- This will open up a limited version of the Page Builder, which contains only your header or footer. You can add and edit elements just as you would in the Page Builder, only in a limited area. You cannot add forms or layers to headers and footers.
- When you’re done, click Save.
To add a header or footer to all of your pages:
- Go to your Header and Footer dashboard.
- Toggle on the Apply to all pages button.
Your header and/or footer will appear on your pages on your funnel. Now you can see what it looks like, you might want to make some changes. Luckily, you can edit your header and footer from within the Page Builder.
- Click inside the header or footer area.
- Add elements, move things around, and change colours and fonts as usual. Remember: you cannot use layers or forms in headers or footers.
- To change the height of the header or footer, click and drag the handle.
- When you’re done, click outside the header or footer area.
IMPORTANT: Whenever you edit the header or footer, every page which already has it must be republished. You can see at-a-glance which pages need to be republished after every update from the Header and Footer screen.
If you don’t want your shared header/footer on one of your pages, here’s how you can do it.
- On your page, go to Page Settings and select Headers and Footers.
- Then go, toggle off the button on Choose to use a header/Choose to use a footer.
- After that, click Done, save and republish your page.