How to Integrate Shopify via API
To integrate Shopify with Convertri, you’ll need to make a private app within your Shopify account. Luckily, it’s easy.
First, create an app in Shopify:
- Head to shopify.com, and login using your credentials.
- Click on Apps in the left hand menu. Scroll to find Manage Private Apps, and click this link.
- Click to add a new private app.
- In the Name field, enter a name that’s easy to remember (‘Convertri’ is a good idea). Next, set all Admin API fields to Read and Write Access using the dropdowns. Finally, check the box marked Allow This App to Access Your Storefront Data Using the Storefront API.
- Click Save.
You’ll be taken to the app’s page. Scroll and find your Storefront Access Token, and copy it to the clipboard.
Next, you’ll need to make a note of your App ID and store handle. The URL of your app’s page should look something like this:
In bold are your store handle and your App ID, respectively. Keep this tab open, or make a note of them.
Next, you’ll need to connect your new Shopify app with Convertri.
- In the Dashboard, click on Account, and then Integrations.
- Scroll down to General. Click Setup over the Shopify logo.
- In the box marked Store Handle, enter the store handle from your app page URL (hint: it’s just the name of your Shopify store, with special characters removed and hyphens in place of spaces. E.g. Convertri’s Store becomes convertris-store).
- In the box marked App ID, paste the App ID from your app page URL.
- In the box marked Access Token, paste your Storefront Access Token you copied earlier.
- Click Save.
Once your integration is successful, see a green checkmark underneath the Shopify logo.
You can now use the Shopify buy button element. For more information, click here.
If you wish to revoke your access, you can do so at any time by navigating back to this page, clicking Setup, and clicking the red link.