How to Set Up Free and Paid Trials
A product with trials, free or paid, allows your customers to try before they buy. Here’s how to set it up:
- In the Dashboard, click on Cart then select Products in the left-hand menu.
- Click New Product, or click on an existing product to edit it.
- Enter a name and a price for the product, and then check the box labelled ‘This product is recurring’. Then, check the box labelled Offer Trial.
- Enter the details of the duration and initial payment of the trial. For a free trial, set the initial payment to 0.00.
- A second trial is optional, and you can offer this by checking the box labelled ‘offer second trial’. Again, just enter the details of the duration and initial payment.
- Your customer must be charged after the trial period is over. In the Recurring Billing section, enter the amount, billing cycle and frequency of the recurring payment.
- Click Create when you have entered the details.
Tip: if you’re going to charge a customer, Stripe requires a minimum of $0.50 in your currency. If you’re using Product Dyno, you can integrate membership sites or services of choice to automatically revoke access after the billing cycle has ended: click here to find out how.