How to Use the Text Toolbar
The Page Builder comes with a dedicated toolbar for customising text when you add it to your page.
- Click the Text element in the Elements tray to add it to your page.
- Type or paste in some text.
Select your text element to move it around the page by clicking and dragging the outside edge. Click inside the text element to type, and the Quick Access toolbar will be replaced with the Text Toolbar.
Convertri’s inline text editor, like the Page Builder, is WYSIWYG so your text will look exactly the same in the published version as it does on the canvas. You can adjust the width of a text element, but not the height: text elements are not scrollable, and will automatically resize to accommodate text.
When typing inside a text element, you can use CTRL+C and CTRL+V (⌘+C and ⌘+V on Mac) to copy and paste text as normal.
The Text Toolbar has a range of options. Configure these before you type, or highlight text to change it:
- Font tools - choose your font, size and color. (Click here to learn about adding more Google Fonts.)
- Formatting tools - bold, underline, italic, and alignment.
- Other text tools - hyperlink/remove link, and bulleted list. (Click here to learn more about text hyperlinks.)
More tools - Paragraph or Heading styles, subscript, superscript and strikethrough, font weight, line height, letter spacing, paragraph spacing, and Dynamic text (Click here to learn more about dynamic text )
- Quick Actions - click here to toggle back to the Quick Actions toolbar.
You can also configure default styles to use to speed up the page design process: click here to learn how.
Mobile Text Toolbar
When you're in the mobile view, you cannot add text elements. But, you can alter the appearance of existing text elements on mobile by enabling “Allow text editing in mobile mode” (click here for details)
NOTE: Editing text in mobile mode will affect the desktop view of your page. Ensure you check both views after making changes.
Click inside text boxes and select your text, and you'll be able to change the following:
- Font appearance - this will edit your text font style, font size, font colour, and font scale. Font scaling will change the mobile font size, so you can make it more readable on a small screen, click here.
- Text format - change your text to bold, underline, italic, and even alignment.
- Other text formatting - you can add a hyperlink or internal/anchor link to your text and also can set/add bullet text.
- More - Same as the desktop appearance of the text, you can also edit the paragraph or heading styles, subscript, superscript and strikethrough, font weight, line height, letter spacing, paragraph spacing, and even add dynamic text to your text element in your mobile version.