How to Use the Text Toolbar
The Page Builder comes with a dedicated toolbar for customising text when you add it to your page.
- Click the Text element in the Elements tray to add it to your page.
- Type or paste in some text.
Select your text element to move it around the page by clicking and dragging the outside edge. Click inside the text element to type, and the Quick Access toolbar will be replaced with the Text Toolbar.
Convertri’s inline text editor, like the Page Builder, is WYSIWYG so your text will look exactly the same in the published version as it does on the canvas. You can adjust the width of a text element, but not the height: text elements are not scrollable, and will automatically resize to accommodate text.
When typing inside a text element, you can use CTRL+C and CTRL+V (⌘+C and ⌘+V on Mac) to copy and paste text as normal.
The Text Toolbar has a range of options. Configure these before you type, or highlight text to change it:
- Font tools - choose your font, size and color. (Click here to learn about adding more Google Fonts.)
- Formatting tools - bold, underline, italic, and alignment.
- Other text tools - hyperlink/remove link, and bulleted list. (Click here to learn more about text hyperlinks.)
- More tools - Paragraph or Heading styles, subscript, superscript and strikethrough, font weight and line height.
- Quick Actions - click here to toggle back to the Quick Actions toolbar.
You can also configure default styles to use to speed up the page design process: click here to learn how.
Mobile Text Toolbar
When you're in the mobile view, you cannot add or edit text elements. But, you can alter the appearance of existing text elements on mobile. None of these changes will affect the desktop version.
Click inside text boxes and select your text, and you'll be able to change:
- Font size scaling - this will change the mobile font size, so you can make it more readable on a small screen.
- Text alignment - change your text to center, left, right or justified alignment on mobile.