Using the Page Preview
The Convertri Page Builder is designed to be WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get), so everything you see on the canvas while you’re editing is almost exactly how it will look when it’s published online.
However, to keep things running smoothly, the Page Builder does not display some elements such as a background video, social widgets or some HTML. This is when the Preview button comes in handy.
- Create your page in the Page Builder, and get it looking just how you want it to look.
- Click the Preview button in the top toolbar.
- You’ll be taken to a live preview of your page, exactly how it will look online. Make sure you check every element is just how you want it to look, then click Close Preview to come back to the Page Builder and make any changes.
If you’re using the Mobile Page Editor, clicking Preview will only show you how your page will look on the screen you’re using. So, if you’re on a desktop, you’ll see your desktop version, even if you’ve been editing in mobile view.
To preview your page on mobile using the Chrome browser (which Convertri works best on), open up DevTools by either:
- Right-clicking anywhere on your page and selecting Inspect Element
- Using keyboard shortcut on Mac: ⌘ + Shift + C (Windows: Ctrl + Shift + C, or just F12)
Then, hit ⌘ + Shift + M (Windows: Ctrl + Shift + M) to toggle the device toolbar, or click this icon:
Your page view will change to how it will look on mobile, and a toolbar will appear at the top of your page allowing you to select which device you want to view your page on.