Domain Setup Walkthrough: Using CNAME and Hostgator
NOTE: if you want to publish one or two Convertri pages on an existing website, please choose HTML Export instead. If you want to display pages on a Wordpress site, please use our Wordpress plugin.
This is how to set up a custom domain for Convertri pages:
- Log in to your Hostgator account.
- Navigate to the Control Panel, and click on Advanced DNS Zone Editor in the Domains section.
- Select the domain name you want pointing to your Convertri site, and click Add a Record.
- Select CNAME from the drop down menu. In the Name field, enter the custom domain you registered with Hostgator (e.g. www.mycustomdomain.com).
- In the CNAME field, enter custom.convertri.com.
- Enter 28800 in the TTL (Time to Live) field.
- Click on Add Record.
- In your Convertri Dashboard, click Sites, then Add Site. In the Custom Domain box, enter the custom domain you registered with Hostgator (e.g. www.mycustomdomain.com).
- Click Add Domain.
The DNS settings may take up to 24 hours to change. If nothing happens, please contact your hosting provider.
Once everything’s configured, you can add funnels and pages into your new site as you would with a Convertri-hosted domain.
NOTE: Setting up www.mydomain.com will not make mydomain.com work automatically. For that, you'll need to set up a redirect, as explained in this article.