Domain Setup Walkthrough: Using Nameservers and Namecheap
This is how to set up a custom domain for Convertri pages in Namecheap:
- Log in to Convertri Dashboard. In the Dashboard, click Account, then click Domains.
- Click Add a Custom Domain via Nameserver.
- Enter your domain without the http or www (e.g. “mywebsite.com”). Click Add.
- Convertri will then generate nameservers for this domain. Click to copy the first one to the clipboard.
- In a new tab, open Namecheap and log in.
- Click Domain List in the left sidebar and click the Manage button next to the domain you want to point to Convertri. Click the Nameservers dropdown, and choose Custom DNS.
- Copy and paste each of the Convertri nameservers. You may need to add more rows to add all 4. If any of your old nameservers remain, delete them now.
- Click the green checkmark to save changes.
- Back in your Convertri tab, you'll see the Convertri DNS manager. DNS properties may take up to 48 hours to propagate, but in most cases it’s a lot faster. When everything’s ready, the red X on the Records page will change to a green checkmark.
The DNS settings may take up to 24 hours to change. If nothing happens, please contact Namecheap.
Once everything’s configured, you can add funnels and pages into your new site as you would with a Convertri-hosted domain.