Domain Setup Walkthrough: Using Nameservers and Hostgator
This is how to set up a custom domain for Convertri pages with Hostgator:
- In the Convertri Dashboard, click Account, then click Domains.
- Click Add a Custom Domain via Nameserver.
- Enter your domain without the http or www (e.g. “mywebsite.com”). Click Add.
- Convertri will then generate nameservers for this domain. Click to copy the first one to the clipboard.
- In a new tab, open Hostgator and log in. Navigate to the Control Panel, and click on Domain Overview. In the Nameservers section, click Change.
- Click to add custom nameservers, or replace your existing ones. Copy and paste each of the Convertri nameservers. You may need to add more rows to add all 4. If any of your old nameservers remain, delete them now.
- Click Save Nameservers.
- Back in your Convertri tab, you'll see the Convertri DNS manager. DNS properties may take up to 48 hours to propagate, but in most cases it’s a lot faster. When everything’s ready, the red X on the Records page will change to a green checkmark.
The DNS settings may take up to 24 hours to change. If nothing happens, please contact your hosting provider.
Once everything’s configured, you can add funnels and pages into your new site as you would with a Convertri-hosted domain.