How to Set Up a Custom Domain Using GoDaddy
NOTE: if you want to publish one or two Convertri pages on an existing website, please choose HTML Export instead. If you want to display pages on a Wordpress site, please use our Wordpress plugin.
This is how to set up a custom domain for Convertri pages:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click on your username in the top right-hand corner, then click on Manage Domains.
- Click the three dots next to the domain you want to point to Convertri, then click Manage DNS.
- Locate the www record, and click the pencil icon to edit. Note: if you haven’t got a www record, you can create one by clicking Add. For more help, go to https://uk.godaddy.com/help/add-a-cname-record-19236
- In the Host field, enter www. In the Points To field, enter custom.convertri.com.
- Click Save.
Next, we enter the domain in your Convertri account.
- Log into the Convertri Dashboard, and click Main Account. Then, click Domains in the left-hand menu.
- Click Add under Add a Custom Domain via CNAME.
- Enter your custom domain, and click Add. Do not use the http:// prefix, and make sure it’s exactly the same as what you entered in the HOST field in your domain registrar’s www record, without the dot (if you used it).
The DNS settings may take up to 24 hours to change. If nothing happens, please contact your hosting provider.
Once everything’s configured, you can add funnels and pages into your new site as you would with a Convertri-hosted domain.